Saturday, July 21, 2012

Beyond words

 Dry Achillea millefolium inflorescence, in a rock crevice.


On the Night of Creation I was awake,
Busy at work while everyone slept.
I was there to see the first wink
and hear the first tale told.
I was the first one caught
in the hair of the Great Impostor.


Whirling around the still-point of ecstasy
I spun like the wheel of heaven.

How can I describe this to you? --
You were born later.

I was a companion of that Ancient Lover;
Like a bowl with a broken rim
I endured his tyranny.
Why shouldn't I be as lustrous as the King's cup? --
I have lived in the chamber of treasures.
Why shouldn't this bubble become the sea? --
I am the secret that lies at its bottom...

Shhhh... no more words
Hear only the voice within.
Remember, the first thing He said was: 
We are beyond words.

                      -- Jalaluddin Rumi, Gardens of the Beloved
____________________________________



Τη νύχτα της Δημιουργίας ήμουν ξύπνιος.
Βρισκόμουν εκεί για να δώ
το πρώτο άνοιγμα των βλεφάρων,
ν΄ ακούσω τα πρώτα λόγια.
Ήμουν ο πρώτος που πιάστηκα στα μαλλιά 
του Μεγάλου Αγύρτη. 

Στροβιλιζόμουν
γύρω από το μεδούλι της έκστασης,
έγνεθα σαν τη ρόδα τ΄ ουρανού.

Πώς να στο περιγράψω; --
Εσύ γεννήθηκες αργότερα.

Ήμουν ο σύντροφος του Αρχαίου Εραστή.
Σα κύπελλο με σπασμένο χείλος
υπέφερα την τυραννία του.
Δε γινόταν να είμαι λαμπερός όπως η κούπα του Βασιλιά; --
Έζησα στην αίθουσα των Θησαυρών.
Δε γινόταν αυτή η χίμαιρα να γίνει θάλασσα; --
Είμαι το μυστικό που κείται στο βυθό της ...

Σςςςς... όχι άλλα λόγια ...
Άκου μονάχα τη φωνή μέσα σου.
Θυμήσου, τα πρώτα Του λόγια:
Είμαστε πέρα από λόγια

                      -- Jalaluddin Rumi, Στον Κήπο του Αγαπημένου


1 comment:

  1. ... χωρις λογια :-)

    Το Ματι του Θεου!!!

    ReplyDelete